|Number of Homes*:
|Number Sold in 2010:
|Median Price in 2010:
|(*data shared with Greenbrae)
Kentfield Real Estate
Elegant Living in the Lush Hills of Central Marin
Kentfield real estate comprises an elegant community sandwiched between Larkspur and Ross. From the flatlands near the bay, Kentfield real estate climbs through rolling hills up the steeper slopes of Mt. Tamalpais. Kentfield homes, to the west of Magnolia and College Avenues, have sweeping views the Bay and Mt. Tamalpais.
Kent Woodlands is prized for elegant homes on large, level lots surrounded by manicured groves of mature trees.
Kentfield has the highest rainfall in the county, because Mt. Tamalpais wrings the water out of the clouds as they come in from the ocean. This gives Kentfield lush vegetation and rushing winter streams.
Kentfield homes share excellent schools with neighboring Greenbrae These fine schools benefit from the Kentfield Schools Foundation. The College of Marin has its main campus in Kentfield.
Favorite Places in Kentfield
- College of Marin a two-year community and adult college.
- First Street Books, hidden behind the Pacific Café at 850 College Ave, is a complete, neighborhood bookstore with an outstanding selection of books and greeting cards. The owner always provides excellent advice on your selections. This is the best of personal shopping. (415) 456-8770.
- Woodlands Market. College Ave. One of the classiest markets in Marin. Great wine selection, great deli, good take-out food, and excellent produce, meat and fish. You can’t go wrong. (415) 457-8160.
- Half Day Cafe. Popular breakfast spot plus interesting lunch food.
848 College Ave., next to the College of Marin. Outdoor seating. (415) 459-0291.
- The Pacific Cafe. Always fresh and interesting seafood dishes.
850 College Ave., next to the College of Marin. (415) 456-3898
- Woodlands Café, next to Woodland Market, serves good breakfast and lunch food in an informal café setting. Very good, thin crust pizza. Indoor and outdoor seating. (415) 457-8163.