|Number of Homes:
|Number Sold in 2010:
|Median Price in 2010:
San Anselmo Real Estate
A Beautiful Family Town in Central Marin
San Anselmo real estate, along with Mill Valley, Larkspur, and Fairfax, offers that prized walk-to-town environment. San Anselmo residents enjoy strolling to the downtown area to dine in informal street-side restaurants and cafes, shop for groceries, or browse in the many antique shops.
A shady town with many mature trees, San Anselmo real estate offers a wide diversity of home styles, including California bungalow, craftsman, and Mediterranean.
The Hub at the center of town is the major intersection of Sir Frances Drake Blvd. and Red Hill Ave., connecting San Anselmo to its immediate neighbors, Ross, San Rafael, and Fairfax.
The flatlands of downtown San Anselmo are charming, with a mix of California cottages and beautiful gardens. San Anselmo homes in the hills surrounding the downtown provide sweeping views of the Ross Valley.
At the western limit of San Anselmo are the Brookside neighborhood with its charming Mediterranean-style homes and the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood with large and elegant California ranch-style homes on large lots
San Anselmo weather is warmer than towns to the south but is moderated by ocean fogs.
San Anselmo is a family town with excellent schools in the Ross Valley School District. The high school is Drake High, on Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
San Anselmo Community Information
Places to Visit in San Anselmo
- Antique shops. San Anselmo has too many antique shops to mention, mostly around the Hub. Park your car and explore. Here is a list to help you out.
- Andronico's Market provides high quality fresh produce, meats, and fish, plus extensive groceries. You can find most any grocery item. One block from downtown. (415) 455-8186. There is also a large Safeway Market Across the street.
- Eden Day Spa Exotic Euro- Mediterranean Spa in downtown. (415) 464-9111
- Elan Health & Fitness Center Family owned health and fitness center for women. Massage and spa services too. (415) 485-1945
- Film Night in the Park Every Friday & Saturday night from Memorial Day May 31, 2010 through Labor Day Sept.6, 2010.
- Millennium Playground – Some say it’s the best playground in Marin! Take Sir Francis Drake Blvd., turn E. on San Francisco Blvd., then R. on Veterans Place.
- Sunnyside Nursery is a very helpful neighborhood nursery with an interesting selection of plants. Excellent houseplants. They have a twice-yearly sale at their growing grounds in Fairfax. (415) 453-270
San Anselmo Restaurants
- Comforts Has a great reputation for high-quality take-out and pastries, and is a favorite with the locals. Has catering services too. (415) 454-9842.
- Cucina Restaurant and Bar is one of the best Italian places in Marin. Interesting dishes, great pastas, and friendly service. On the main street, San Anselmo Ave. (415) 454-2942
- Debbie Does Dessert Charming bistro right on the creek in downtown. Internationally inspired; they make beautiful cakes and tarts. Great lunch dishes. (415) 721-2901.
- Dream Farm “Comfort food served with love and care”. Classic American food that caters to the Marin palate. (41) 453-9898
- Insalata's Well-known chef Heidi Krahling serves superb Mediterranean food, always fresh and bright with a Middle Eastern bent. Excellent take-out counter. Across the street from the downtown area. (415) 457-7700.
- L’Appart Resto Brand new as of summer of 2010. Simple but delicious French food with fresh local ingredients in a relaxed casual atmosphere. Same owners of Le Garage in Sausalito, one of our top favorites! (415) 256-9884
- Marinitas – Heidi Krahling’s newest restaurant features Latin style tapas. Extensive tequila list. Fun bar. (415) 454-8900
- Orchid Thai is a very good Thai restaurant on the main street. (415) 457-9470.
San Anselmo Hotels
- San Anselmo Inn – European style bed and breakfast right on the main street in downtown. (800) 598-9771
- Bed and Breakfast Exchange-Marin As an alternative to staying in a hotel, enjoy your visit in a Marin County home. European influenced (415) 485-1971