Marin County Utilities and Services Information
Madeline Schaider Real Estate offers useful Marin County utilities and services resources to home buyers and sellers
in all Marin Cities:
Belvedere, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Greenbrae, Larkspur, Mill Valley, Novato
San Anselmo, San Rafael, Sausalito, Tiburon, West Marin
Gas, Electric, and Trash Collection
To set up, transfer, or terminate utility services, contact the following companies:
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), (800) 743-5000
- Marin Municipal Water District, (415) 945-1400
- North Marin Water District (Novato), (415) 897-4133
- Mill Valley Refuse, Belvedere, Corte Madera, Mill Valley (including Strawberry, Almonte, Alto, and Homestead Valley), and Tiburon, (415) 457-9760
- Tamalpais Community Service District, Tam Valley (Unincorporated County of Marin, between the city of Mill Valley and the Sausalito/Marin City area), (415) 388-6393
- Bay Cities Refuse, Sausalito and Marin City, (415) 332-3646
- Marin Sanitary Service, Fairfax, Greenbrae, Kentfield, Larkspur, Ross and Ross Valley, San Anselmo (including Sleepy Hollow), San Rafael (including Las Gallinas Valley, Marinwood, and Terra Linda), (415) 456-2601
- Novato Disposal Services, Novato, (including Hamilton, Bel Marin Keys, and Ignacio), (415) 897-4177
- Shoreline Disposal Service/Waste Management, West Marin, (800) 862-4659
- Marin Recycling Center, Bulk disposal and recycling, (415) 453-1404
Telephone and Television Service
- AT&T, (800) 288-2020 for residential service
- Comcast, (800) 945-2288
- DirectTV satellite, (888) 866-3008 for new Customers
- DishTV satellite, (800) 861-0697
Note: When ordering satellite TV service, it is recommended that you request a written quote before subscribing.
After you move, make sure to contact the California DMV to change your address:
- Corte Madera: (800) 777-0133
- Novato: (800) 777-0133
When you purchase or sell a home, the title company will calculate your portion of property taxes for the current tax period. Make sure your escrow officer explains this to you when you sign escrow documents.
After you move in to a new house you may receive a supplementary tax bill based on the new assessed value of the house. Make sure you receive this!
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for the next semi-annual installment payment on your property taxes. If you do not receive a bill, contact the Marin Country Tax Collector (phone number below)--you are still responsible. Your taxes are delinquent after December 10 (first installment) and April 10 (second installment).
Marin County Tax Collector, (415) 499-6133