Belveron is a small Tiburon neighborhood of about 250 homes in a level valley in the middle if the Tiburon peninsula. Built in 1950-51 as affordable housing for the post-war population returning to Marin, the original ranch-style homes were about 850 to 1,900 square feet on lots of 7,000 to 8,000 square feet.
Attractive to Home Buyers
In the last few years, home buyers have discovered the potential of this neighborhood and have begun buying and upgrading original homes:
- Level lots on wide, shady streets.
- Quiet and safe neighborhood
- Extremely convenient: a few miles to Highway 101 and a few miles to downtown Tiburon.
- Good Tiburon starter homes, where the median home sale price is close to $3M.
- Served by the excellent Reed School District of Tiburon/Belvedere.
- A few steps from Blackie’s Pasture and the Tiburon Bay Trail.
A Competitive Market
Four recently purchased homes in Belveron are presently (July 2017) being rebuilt. Competition for these original, 1950’s homes was high.
|BR/BA||Square Feet||Purchased||Price||% Sold Above Asking Price|
8 Apollo Road
9 Mercury Road
23 Juno Road
|31 Apollo Rd||3/1||1,012||June 2015||$1,300,000||
Recent Sale of a Rebuilt Belveron Home
A completely rebuilt Belveron home just sold (6/29/17) at a record high for this neighborhood of $2,495,000. It provides four bedrooms and four baths in 2,856 square feet.
31 Apollo Road sold on 6/30/17 for $2,450,000. This original 3 BR and 1 BA home of about 1,000 square feet (purchased for $1.3M in 6/15) had been completely rebuilt to 4 BR and 3 BA in 2,400 square feet.