Marin County Utilities and Services Information
Madeline Schaider Real Estate offers useful Marin County utilities and services resources to home buyers and sellers in all Marin County, California cities:
- Corte Madera
- Mill Valley
- San Anselmo
- San Rafael
- West Marin
Gas, and Electric Service
To set up, transfer, or terminate utility services, contact the following companies:
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) service requests, (800) 743-5000
- Marin Clean Energy (MCE). When you open a PG&E account you are automatically enrolled in the MCE Light Green program, which uses 50% renewable energy. The cost is an additional $0.079 per kilowatt hour. You have 60 days to opt out of the MCE program. For an additional $0.01 per kilowatt hour, you can subscribe to 100% renewable enery (Deep Green program) by calling MCE at (888) 632-3674.
- Marin Municipal Water District service requests, (415) 945-1400
- North Marin Water District (Novato), (415) 897-4133
- Mill Valley Refuse, Belvedere, Corte Madera, Mill Valley (including Strawberry, Almonte, Alto, and Homestead Valley), and Tiburon, (415) 457-9760
- Tamalpais Community Service District, Tam Valley (Unincorporated County of Marin, between the city of Mill Valley and the Sausalito/Marin City area), (415) 388-6393
- Bay Cities Refuse, Sausalito and Marin City, (415) 332-3646
- Marin Sanitary Service, Fairfax, Greenbrae, Kentfield, Larkspur, Ross and Ross Valley, San Anselmo (including Sleepy Hollow), San Rafael (including Las Gallinas Valley, Marinwood, and Terra Linda), (415) 456-2601
- Novato Disposal Services, Novato, (including Hamilton, Bel Marin Keys, and Ignacio), (415) 897-4177
- The Ratto Group, Stinson Beach, Bolinas, West Marin, (707) 585-5222
- Marin Recycling Center, Bulk disposal and recycling, (415) 453-1404
Telephone, Television, Internet Service
- AT&T, (800) 288-2020 for residential service
- Comcast, (800) 945-2288
- DirectTV satellite, (888) 866-3008 for new Customers
- Dish TV satellite, (800) 861-0697
- www.exede.com, (855) 627-2553
Note: When ordering satellite TV service, it is recommended that you request a written quote before subscribing.
Department of Motor Vehicles
After you move, make sure to contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a California driver’s licence, register your car, or change your address:
- Corte Madera: (800) 777-0133
- Novato: (800) 777-0133
Note: Many people find faster service at the Novato office. It is located in a small shopping center on 7thStreet in downtown Novato.
When you purchase or sell a home, the title company will calculate your portion of property taxes for the current tax period. Make sure your escrow officer explains this to you when you sign escrow documents.
After you move in to a new house you may receive a supplementary tax bill based on the new assessed value of the house. Make sure you receive this!
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for the next semi-annual installment payment on your property taxes. If you do not receive a bill, contact the Marin County Department of Finance (415) 499-6133–you are still responsible. Your taxes are delinquent after December 10 (first installment) and April 10 (second installment).