Marin Real Estate Market Report for the First 9 Months of 2016:
- Median price for single family homes increased about 9%.
- Median price for condos and townhouses increased about 6%.
- Number of houses sold in Marin decreased by 9% compared to 2015.
Supply of Houses for Sale is Low
Aggressive Bidding for Real Estate Has Decreased, So Beware of Over-Pricing Your Home
Estimating the Value of Your Home
- The opinion of a Real Estate Broker. This opinion is based on the sale of comparable houses in the same location, during the previous six months.
- The analysis of a certified Real Estate Appraiser. An appraiser will base the value on the recent sale of comparable houses in the same location and on the cost of buying the land plus building the equivalent house (cost basis).
Though appraisers are rigorously trained, licensed, and certified, their services are expensive and may not be more accurate than those of an experienced Real Estate Broker. If you are obtaining a loan, banks must use a licensed appraiser.