Mill Valley Events
Special Events in Mill Valley
- The Dipsea Race is the oldest trail race in America. Since 1905, it runs annually on the second Sunday in June. The race covers varied terrain on 7.4 miles of Mt. Tamalpais steps and trails, from downtown Mill Valley over the mountain to Stinson Beach.
- The Mill Valley Film Festival, in October, is one of the most prestigious in the country.
- The Mill Valley Arts Festival, which occurs every September in Old Mill Park, is a top-notch place to see the best in local art and crafts.
- Mountain Play is perhaps the best known of all Mill Valley happenings since 1913. The mountain Play is held every May-June in an open air amphitheater on top of Mt. Tamalpais. You have the option of taking a bus to the play and hiking down through Cascade Canyon in the late afternoon to the town square.
Mill Valley Meeting Spaces & Event Venues
- The Outdoor Art Club is a 1904 Bernard Maybeck-designed building in downtown Mill Valley. The club is available for rent for public and private events.
- Sweetwater Music Hall is available for private events, with or without music, supported by an excellent kitchen.
- The Mill Valley Recreation Center has a large reception room for 285-400 guests, plus smaller meeting rooms.
- Homestead Valley Community Center has one large and two smaller rooms for classes, meetings, and parties and events of medium to large size. Also available is a patio and acre of grassland, “the Meadow.”