Beautiful Bahia Home In North East Novato
This upgraded, 2-story home is set on a private, level lot at the top of a small ridge amidst hundreds of acres of lagoons, streams, and trails along the Petaluma river and its tributaries.
An ideal floorplan provides large, flexible living areas and an open kitchen with family room, all opening to beautiful private gardens through three large doors. Adjacent to kitchen is the family room with a gas fireplace and built-in bar area. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, black stone counter tops, a long bar for seating, informal meals, and casual entertaining, and an unusually large number of cabinets.
Upstairs are four bedrooms with two full baths. The primary suite was recently expanded and remodeled, featuring a large walk-in shower. A full bath on the upper floor and half bath plus laundry room on the lower floor have been upgraded just before sale.
The lower level has new hardwood flooring and the upper level new carpeting. The interior is freshly painted.
The backyard is a showcase with a small waterfall, gas, firepit, lighting, sitting areas with crushed granite, roses, azaleas, and trees including maples, ash, dogwood, and cedar. A few steps from the house is a detached, two-car garage with storage and a garden storage shed.
The Bahia Neighborhood Community center is two blocks away with an outdoor pool, club house, and tennis courts. There are level walking trails along ponds and lagoons in every direction. This is a true oasis just a few miles from suburban Novato.
- Master bathroom gutted and remodeled (with permits).
- Installed ceiling lights in living room, family room, and master suite.
- Built Trex composite deck and added light fixtures.
- Built firepit.
- Installed gas lines to firepit and to gas grill.
- Installed French doors opening onto deck.
- Hardscaped side and back yard; added drip irrigation system.
- Built enclosed area for garden shed or hot tub behind the garage.
- New appliances in kitchen and laundry.
- Painted exterior.
2015 – 2019
- Replaced roof.
- Converted fireplace to gas.
- Installed dual zone furnace with air swapper.
2020 – 2021
- Installed Milgard tempered windows in all bedrooms.
- Built front gate and replaced front wooden trellis.
- Upgraded front yard sprinklers for water efficiency.
- Interior painted, including kitchen cabinets.
- Flooring: New wood flooring downstairs, new carpet upstairs, luxury vinyl in second floor hall bathroom, new baseboards.
- First floor and second floor hall bathrooms – new vanities, toilets, lighting fixtures, towel bars, and flooring.
- New light fixture in dining room.
- Landscaping enhancements.
Only three miles and a 6-minute drive to Highway 101 and northern Novato, 720 Albatross enjoys seclusion, privacy, and calm. A small ridge of about 250 feet separates Bahia from the busy world to the west. Yet, shopping is within a 10 minute drive to Trader Joe’s, Safeway, Lucky Market, Whole Foods, and more.
Enjoy walk through the Bahia Marsh, just a few blocks from 720 Albatross.
Address: 720 Albatross Dr
Square Feet: 2,690
Year Built: 1977