Madeline Schaider Real Estate Finds the Perfect Marin Homes for Clients
We work with our clients personally in their search to buy a Marin home. We quickly appreciate who you are, how you like to live, and what you want, and then we ensure that you have a remarkable real estate transaction. Our goal is to end every real estate transaction with a certainty that our clients’ needs and desires have been met.
We find your home. We find the best home to fit your needs and desires. This can often be an off-market home that we learn of through networking with other Marin real estate agents, connections with past clients and friends, or from our long experience with the Marin market.
We negotiate so that you win. Our negotiating skills have won many Marin homes in multiple offer situations. At the same time, we obtain the best price.
Our reputation precedes us. Madeline Schaider Real Estate has the reputation for making a sale happen with superior skills, professionalism, and ease.
We offer a large number of free services including a free, professional evaluation of each Marin home that we buy or sell.
Home Prices in Marin County
Like the other most desirable living areas in the world, Marin County, CA homes are expensive. Here are some of the factors that have promoted a steady increase in Marin real estate prices for the past 40 years or more:
- Marin is one of the most desirable places in the world to live because of its natural baeuty and its proximity to the great City of San Francisco and the wine country of Sonoma and Napa Counties..
- Marin real estate is in short supply. Only 11% of Marin’s land is developed, and only 5% more can be developed.* This means that there is little land for building new homes.
- Marin is the proud home to some of the most distinguished schools in the country.
- The weather in Marin is moderate all year, and the air and water quality are excellent.
- Marin is graced with abundant open space, including Mt. Tamalpais State Park,Point Reyes National Seashore, Muir Woods National Monument, The Golden gate National Recreation Area, the San Francisco Bay, and many more preserved natural areas. Marin is a lure to nature lovers, hikers, bikers, sailors, and sports enthusiasts.
- Views! We have an abundance of world class views to choose from: the San Franscisco skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay, Mt. Tamalpais, hills, city lights, redwood groves, and creeks.
- Proximity to the wine country in Napa or Sonoma counties, and summer vacations and skiing at Lake Tahoe.
*Marin 101, A User’s Guide to the County, published by the Marin Independent Journal.
How to Buy Your Marin Home
Get pre-approved. We can recommend the best mortgage broker!. Call us. We can help get you pre-approved with little effort.
Let us know your needs. What is your ideal Marin home? Where would it be located? What setting do you prefer? When do you need to move? Do you have or plan to have children of school age?
Get to know Marin. We can help introduce you to Marin if you are new to the area, or we can show you neighborhoods you never knew about. Because of the many hills and the irregular coastline of Marin, there are many hidden treasures.
Learn about our schools. You can begin your Marin school research right here on this web site. Then talk with us and visit schools in communities of interest. Everyone will be happy to help.
Contact Madeline Schaider and let her know what you are considering. Just fill out this simple contact form, and we will do the rest.
First Time Marin Homebuyers
You might be intimidated by the process of buying your first home. As top Marin County real estate agents, it’s our job to guide first time Marin home buyers from beginning to end.
Madeline Schaider Real Estate will take the time to go through each and every step of the home buying process and answer your questions. Every question is a good question!
Together, we consider these questions:
- How much you can really afford?
- How to qualify for a mortgage?
- How much cash you should put down?
- What is the best way to get approved for financing?
- What are banks and other financial institutions are looking for?
- How much will your payments be?
- What are the tax advantages of buying Marin real estate and special tax incentives for first time buyers?
- Renting versus buying–which is better for you?
Please contact us and tell us about your situation. We can advise you on the best ways to buy your first home. There is absolutely no charge, and we offer this to you with no strings attached.
It’s best to know exactly how much a financial institution would be willing to lend you for the purchase of your new Marin home. And, when you decide to make an offer on a house, you will need a pre-approval letter from a lender to show that you are a capable buyer. You’ll be ahead of the game.
In the pre-approval process, you will find out:
- Exactly what you can afford for the purchase price and for your monthly payments.
- How much cash you will need for the down payment.
- The minimum down payment and advantages of higher down payments.
- What the current interest rates are and how those rates work with different loan options.
We help buyers become pre-approved for mortgages every day. Simply contact us to get started.
Privacy: We respect your privacy! We know this is your personal information, and we will not distribute it to anyone, other than to the mortgage broker that you choose.
Free Relocation Services
Request Our Free Relocation Services
Take the complications out of moving to Marin or to a new area – use our FREE Relocation Services.
We are happpy to prepare a custom relocation package for you that is filled with useful information about Marin, including neighborhoods that may be best for you, schools, and much more. Just contact us with your interests.
A Relocation Success
Melanie and Thomas planned to move to the Bay Area from Ohio. Their dream was to buy a small house overlooking the water. Before we met them, they had been to Northern California a few times, and had worked with other real estate agents. By long distance, they had put offers on a few houses, but their offers were never accepted.
We spent several months communicating each week by email. Whenever they saw a listing that was interesting, we sent extra photos and information. One day we sent information about a house; they knew this was the one. Melanie flew out a few days later to confirm their hunch.
This was the beginning of our work. We spent the next five days designing our offer so that it was perfect and complete. Within a week, their offer was the one accepted out of 12!
They are now enjoying their view of the bay from the Sausalito hills.