Unique Contemporary Sausalito Town Home with SF Skyline Views
A Rare Opportunity
This is a rare opportunity to live with the sound of waves gently breaking on the beach and spectacular views of the Bay and the San Francisco skyline.
This architecturally stunning Old Town Sausalito town home is one of three units designed by noted Sausalito architect Julian F. Knox and built to the highest standards in 1982-85. Noteworthy features are 12 foot ceilings, curved, south-facing clerestory windows, large areas of glass facing the bay and San Francisco, an enclosed patio, and a balcony facing the view. Windows facing east, south, and west provide dramatic lighting all day and in every season.
Everyone agrees that there is nothing like this in Sausalito!
Two-Levels of Easy Living
This elegant town home is arranged in two stories:
- Master bedroom with high ceilings and large windows looking east to the bay and south to the Sausalito hills. Walk-in closet. Upgraded full bath with large soaking tub. New fixtures and flooring.
- Second bedroom with enclosed, private patio; built-in dresser, desk, and shelves; upgraded full bath with shower, new fixtures and flooring; double closet.
- Laundry room.
- Bedrooms with newer carpeting and a connecting hallway with new wide plank oak flooring
- Living room with 12 ft ceiling, balcony facing the bay and SF view for intimate dining and relaxation. Wood burning fireplace, floor to ceiling shelves and cabinets. New indirect lighting.
- Stairwell with skylights that illuminate both floors.
- Large dining gallery with distinctive, curved clerestory windows.
- Sitting area adjacent to kitchen.
- Remodeled kitchen with quartz counters and new stainless steel appliances.
- Upgraded half bath.
- New wide plank oak flooring.
- Coat/storage closet under stairs.
Video Showing Flow of Interior and Exterior
Parking for two cars is provided under the building in a secure, gated garage. A driveway from the street is designed to isolate the parking garage from the street. From the garage there is easy access to the front door of #217. Within the garage and adjacent to the parking spaces is a private storage and utility room.
Whaler’s Cove Town Homes
217 Richardson St. is one of three Whaler’s Cove town homes (formally condominiums) that are self-managed by the residents. A monthly fee of $550 pays for building insurance, building and roof maintenance, landscaping, water, garbage collection, window washing, and management expenses including minimal accounting services and legal fees. Special projects are financed as needed by agreement of the owners. For example, roofing was replaced in 2015, with each unit contributing an equal share.
Excellent Location and Convenience
217 Richardson is located in Old Town Sausalito with easy access to San Francisco and downtown Sausalito:
- Easy 12 minute walk along the waterfront promenade to downtown with its restaurants, galleries, shops, and cafes.
- Eleven minute walk to the Sausalito Ferry Terminal, with boats departing to San Francisco from 7 am till 7 pm.
- Five minute drive across the Golden Gate Bridge to the San Francisco terminus.
- Less than 200 feet to the waterfront.
- A two minute walk to Swede’s Beach and the charming Valley St. Boardwalk, visible from the living room and bedroom windows.
- Across the street from the Golden Gate Market, presently undergoing renovation and major improvements, including a small cafe.
Privacy and Quiet
Open the windows to hear the gentle surf on the beach. Because of the outstanding design of these town homes, with private entrances and well-placed windows, you are insulated from noise.
Address: 217 Richardson St
Square Feet: 1485
Garage: 2-car attached
Year Built: 1982-85