San Anselmo Real Estate
A Beautiful Family Town in Central Marin
Living in San Anselmo, along with Mill Valley, Larkspur, and Fairfax, offers a highly desirable walk-to-town.
Residents enjoy strolling to downtown to dine in informal restaurants and cafes, shop for groceries, or browse in the many shops.
This shady town offers a wide diversity of home styles. The flatlands downtown are charming, with California cottages and beautiful gardens. Homes in the hills surrounding the downtown provide sweeping views of the Ross Valley.
At the western limit of San Anselmo are the Brookside neighborhood with its charming Mediterranean-style homes and the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood with California ranch-style homes on large lots and wide streets
San Anselmo weather is warmer than towns to the south but is moderated by ocean breezes.
New Real Estate Listings
Most Expensive Homes
Least Expensive Homes
Places & Events
- San Anselmo’s Historical Museum’s self-guided walking tour introduces you to historic San Anselmo, from the San Francisco Theological Seminar to Robson-Harrington House.
- Imagination Park, next to Town Hall, allows families to mingle with life-size statues of Indiana Jones and Yoda, donated to the Town by local resident George Lucas .
- Memorial Park & Millennium Playground. From Sir Francis Drake Blvd., turn on San Francisco Blvd., and then right on Veterans Place.
- Redhill Shopping Center, close to downtown, provides a Safeway Market, Peets Coffee, and much more.
Restaurants & Bakeries
- Comforts serves consistently outstanding Mediterranean food. Also, their take-out food is among the best in Marin.
- Cucina Restaurant and Bar is one of the best Italian places in Marin. Interesting dishes, great pastas, and friendly service.
- Flour Craft Bakery provides high quality, gluten free breads, cakes, pastries, and sandwiches.
- HM Bread and Butter is an excellent bakery and café serving a wide variety of breads and sweets, all with a wholesome, whole wheat approach.
- Insalata’s serves superb Mediterranean food, always fresh and bright with a Middle Eastern bent. Excellent take-out food.
- Marinitas is an upscale Mexican Mexican restaurant with a active bar and an extensive tequila list.
- San Anselmo Inn is a European-style bed and breakfast on the main, with about 14 rooms and suites.