A world apart, yet close to everything. No sidewalks or street lamps, Sleepy Hollow is peaceful, safe, and friendly. Houses are well separated. The weather is excellent, with warm days and cool nights. Most homes are about 3 miles from downtown San Anselmo or Fairfax, and about 5 miles from Highway 101.
The main street into this community is Butterfield Road. Many of the neighborhood streets are named after characters and places in Washington Irving’s Rip Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. At the end of Butterfield Road is the beautiful, rural campus of the San Dominico School.
Current Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Special Features of this Neighborhood
- Read the history of Sleepy Hollow in this Wikipedia article.
- The Sleepy Hollow Homes Association is open to all neighborhood residents. The Association provides a community clubhouse, a 25 yard pool, a Nursery School, and tennis courts. It hosts a women’s club, a Boy Scouts troop, a swim team, and a tennis club.
- San Dominico School. This fine private school lies at the end Butterfield Road on rolling hills and fields. The campus contains a Riding School that is available to horse riders of all ages.
- Hidden Valley Elementary School at the start of Butterfield Road serves K-5.
- The valley rests between two ridges that contain the Terra Linda-Sleepy Hollow Divide Northern Preserve to the north east) and the Loma Alta Open Space Preserve to the south west—both providing hiking and horseback riding opportunities. The new 680 Trail connects these natural areas.
Do You Want to Live in San Anselmo?
I would love to introduce you to this neighborhood! When you are ready to learn first-hand about homes in this community, contact us. We are happy to help and share our local knowledge of all that Sleepy Hollow has to offer.