Sophisticated Urban Living in Downtown San Rafael
Enjoy Sophisticated urban living at 820 Mission Ave. with an easy walk 5-minute walk to restaurants, shops, and movies in downtown San Rafael.
This 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath condominium is on one level and features an open living-dining room with a fireplace and a large, private deck for outdoor living. Upgraded kitchen and bath. Washer and dryer in the unit. Two reserved parking places and two storage areas are included and situated in the gated garage. An additional larger storage unit is located adjacent to the clubhouse. Elevator access throughout the building.
A monthly fee of $628 per month includes water, trash collection, building maintenance and insurance, and management.
Special Features and Improvements
- New lighting in living room, kitchen, bedrooms, half bath, and hallways.
- New stainless steel kitchen appliances, all Energy Star Certified: dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, oven.
- Added pull out draws inside pantry cabinets.
- Painted and added new hardware to kitchen cabinets.
- New door handles throughout.
- Remodeled 300 square foot patio with custom privacy screen, planter boxes, all aluminum with a powder coat finish.
- Installed custom fireplace screen.
- Added smart thermostat.
Vacation at Home
The 13 homes in this well-maintained building share a solar-heated pool, hot tub, and large clubhouse with a sauna, all far from the activity of the downtown. For a quiet summer evening at home or entertaining at home, the generous great room opens to a newly remodeled, 300 square foot deck that is west facing for relaxing in the afternoon light.
When you are ready to enjoy the town, walk to restaurants, boutiques, and a variety of interesting shops. On Thursday nights, enjoy the outdoor farmers market on 4th Street, which should resume in 2021. On Sunday and Thursday mornings, you can drive a few minutes to the larger farmer’s market at the Marin Civic Center, with organic produce, interesting prepared food, and local crafts.
A short walk down Mission Ave takes you past the Church of Saint Rafael, one of the original California missions, and to Boyd Park and Playground.
Easy Commute Location
- 6-minute walk to the Marin Transit Center with bus service throughout Marin and San Francisco.
- 5-minute walk to the Smart Train station for easy travel to the Larkspur Ferry Terminal, Novato, Santa Rosa, and the Sonoma County airport.
- 7-minute drive to the Larkspur Ferry Terminal.
- 5-minute drive to the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- 12-minute drive to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- 30-minute drive to the Sonoma Town Plaza.
Learn More About San Rafael
For more information about this diverse and interesting town, see the San Rafael page at Livinginmarin.com.
Address: 820 Mission Ave
City: San Rafael
Square Feet: 1,122
Year Built: 1981