Smart Pricing results in a higher final sale price
Correct pricing provides a quick and stress-free sale. We work with you to set your price based on:
- Comparable sales in your neighborhood
- The condition of your house
- The upgrades that you have made
- The location in your neighborhood
- The profiles of your potential buyers
- The number of competing listings on the market
- The time of year
Put your home on their must-see list
Here are several considerations:
- Buyers often search for homes on the internet up to a certain price. You want to set your price right under a common search limit. For example, a price of $998,000 will attract many buyers searching up to $1M. If you were to price your home at $1,050,000, potential buyers might miss your home.
- Slight under-pricing will increase the number of buyers who visit and compete for your house. Buyers like the thought of a good deal and will often pay more than you expect. However, too low a price raises suspicion that a house is undesirable.
- Avoid overpricing. We often hear, “Why don’t they bring us a lower offer if they think the house is too expensive?” Our experience over the last 28 years tells us that buyers do not often present the “lower offer.” Either they wait for a price reduction or they buy another house. Overpricing results in more days on the market. When houses are selling in a few weeks, a house that is on the market for more than 30 days looks suspicious. Buyers may quickly pass over these houses.
- The right price represents your belief that a house is of high quality and worthy of consideration.
Find out how to sell your home for the best price
Contact Madeline. She has almost 30 years of experience and many happy sellers.