- Quicker sale
- Possibility of multiple offers
- Good sale price
- High return on investment
Here is a typical success story. The out-of-state heirs to a townhouse in Corte Madera hired us to prepare their parent’s home and sell it. Though the townhouse was in a choice location, it was 20 years out of date and worn.
Photos Before and After
List of Major Improvements
- Remodeled 2 1/2 bathrooms
- Remodeled kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances
- New carpeting and hardwood flooring
- New limestone floors in bathrooms
- Removal of acoustic ceilings
- New paint throughout
- New lighting fixtures throughout
- Granite surround for fireplace
- Refinished deck and new landscaping
In addition, our favorite stager, Yve at Set to Sell Home Staging, furnished the main level and bathrooms.
A Successful Conclusion
We listed the house for $539,000, and the seller received two offers the second day it was on the market. It sold for $555,000. Comparing the value before and after renovations, the sellers received about a five-fold return on their investment in improvements.