100 Edison Ave – An Estate Property in Old Town Corte Madera
100 Edison Ave is one of the last remaining heritage properties in Old Town Corte Madera, located on 2+ serene and private acres. This is a rare opportunity to live in a charming remodeled lodge that has been in the same family for 60 years or to build your dream estate. The gently sloping, park-like property at the base of Corte Madera’s Christmas Tree Hill is laced with turn-of-the century stone walls and paths, quiet patios with views toward the bay, and mature trees.
This property is rooted in the heritage of Corte Madera, most likely split from the Pixley lands in the early 20th century, when the first house may have been built (ca. 1902). It was reimagined in the 1920’s by its owner, Dr. Robinson, and again in the 1940’s. The present owners became stewards of this magical homestead in 1960 and used it to raise their children and as a gathering place for guests from around the world.
There are very few properties in Corte Madera or Larkspur that provide this kind of serenity, lovely vistas, seasonal creek, two private driveways, and so much space to breath. It can be your own exclusive and enchanting park. This is a once-in-a -lifetime opportunity to create your dream home and your family legacy.
This idyllic spot, on the boarder of Corte Madera and Larkspur, has a remodeled main house from the 1920’s with four bedrooms and three baths, a one bedroom-one bath cottage, and a studio with bath, both from the 1940’s.
The main house welcomes you into a two-story great room with a massive stone fireplace, a wall of windows to the view and a wide deck for leisurely outdoor hours. Period features include built-in cabinets and two charming open lofts at each end of the soaring ceiling, ready to welcome a study for quiet contemplation or playing children.
Adjacent to the great room are a remodeled kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops and a view of the terraced gardens. Completing the main floor are a formal dining room, two bedrooms a shared full bath finished with colorful period tilework, and a separate main bedroom suite with attached full remodeled bath. Convenient stairs from the great room lead to a lower level with a large bedroom and bath with a separate entrance plus a large laundry and storage room.
Cottage and Studio
Video Tour of 100 Edison Ave
- 2,650 square foot main house with 4 bedrooms and three baths.
- 510 sq. ft. cottage and 230 sq. ft. studio for an approximate total of 3,390 sq. ft.
- Remodeled kitchen with quartz counters, stainless steel appliances, renewed cabinets, new lighting, sink and faucet.
- Remodeled bath in main bedroom suite.
- Full bath between two bedrooms with colorful, vintage tile work.
- Two story stone fireplace in soaring great room.
- Two charming lofts overlooking great room.
- New paint inside and out.
- New carpeting and bathroom flooring.
- Large bedroom suite on the lower level with separate entrance.
- Large laundry room with sink.
- A one bedroom, one bath accessory dwelling unit.
- A studio building with bath.
- Two legal entrances to property – one from Owlswood Drive in Larkspur and one from Edison Avenue in Corte Madera.
- Property borders the town of Larkspur.
- Three large storage buildings.
- Recent landscaping enhancements.
- Many fine mature trees including towering redwoods, oaks, and more.
- Meandering paths, stone walls, and several patios on the 2+ acres.
- Detached two car garage with an electric (EV) charging station.
- Parking for an additional 8-10 cars.
- Just 5 minutes from Highway 101.
Walk to Town
- Enjoy the convenience of a 5-minute walk to the Corte Madera Town Square, with its restaurants and wine bar, via the Pixley Path.
- The restaurants, cafes, and shops in downtown Larkspur are a 15-minute walk—perfect on a warm evening.
- Explore Christmas Tree Hill on its 10 paths and stairways. A energetic walk to the top takes you to spectacular views of the bay and San Francisco. See the map of Christmas Tree Hill walks.
- A favorite hike into Baltimore Canyon, via the Piedmont Trail in Larkspur, is 15 minutes away on foot or a five-minute drive.
Potential of 100 Edison
100 Edison is zoned R-1-A, Low Density Residential, and is in the Christmas Tree Hill Overlay District, a special zoning area that currently allows for only one house plus accessory dwelling units and junior accessory dwelling units. Please consult the Corte Madera Planning Department for specific development requirements.
Learn More about Living on Christmas Tree Hill
Address: 100 Edison Ave
City: Corte Madera
Square Feet: 3,390
Year Built: 1925