Majestic Modern Estate at 472 Redwood Ave, Corte Madera
Perfection on Christmas Tree Hill
Just blocks from the Old Town Square in Corte Madera, this Christmas Tree Hill property is the perfect Marin sanctuary in central Marin–a true oasis for a year-round vacation. Remodeled to perfection by the current owners, this property blends indoor/outdoor living with a flexible floor plan for Marin lifestyles. Prepare to fall in love with this move-in-ready, custom home.
- Main house with 4 bedrooms | 3.5 baths.
- Legal, detached studio (ADU) with full kitchen and a full bath.
- Total 5 bedrooms | 4.5 baths.
- Total 4,220 square feet of living area.
- Expansive bay views from all rooms.
- Freshly remodeled and painted, with modern style and character.
- Exceptionally large 4-car garage with storage, approx. 925 sq. ft.
- 6-person elevator.
- Level, outdoor living on two large decks and one large terrace with lawn, gardens, fire-pit, built-in seating areas, hot tub, and bluestone pathways; all professionally landscaped.
- Outdoor kitchen.
- Wine cellar.
See a complete list of Features 472 Redwood Ave.
Video of 472 Redwood Ave.
The Main Level
The soul of this home is the Great Room located on the second floor with an open chef’s kitchen, living room, and dining room – all with access to the decks and gardens. The gourmet kitchen has a magnificent island with seating for six people and top of the line finishes. The kitchen opens to the side patio and expansive deck providing stunning unobstructed bay views, an outdoor kitchen, built-in concrete benches centered around a gas firepit, and lush landscaping–all designed to accommodate outdoor entertaining. The owners have hosted up to 200 guests on the property.
The gardens include lemon trees, bougainvillea, climbing roses, exotic palm trees, and an amazing oak tree that provides a beautiful canopy in the back seating area.
In addition, there are two bedrooms and a full, bath on this level.
The Entry Level
The lower, entry level provides the expansive family room with wet bar, an entertainment unit, a 4th bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, office with a built-in desk, laundry, half bath, and an 800-bottle wine cellar. This level has two private entrances from the outdoors.
The Primary Bedroom Level
The primary bedroom suite on the upper level provides heavenly views of the bay and hills, and is filled with light from the wall-to-wall windows. Features include a wood burning fireplace, built-in cabinets, custom lighting, exquisite large bathroom, and two closets.
Tucked away on the north side of the property is a private, legal ADU studio with a full bath and kitchen and a private entrance. This unit features stunning views, a private deck, dedicated parking, washer and dryer, and storage. This building is ideal for rental income, accommodations for an au-pair or in-law, or for a home workspace.
This central Marin location affords easy access to San Francisco, the East Bay, wine country, and all of Marin County. A short walk to Menke Park provides for social gatherings, including free summer music at Piccolo Pavilion and Oktoberfest, cafes, and a wine bar. Enjoy hiking trails right outside your door on Christmas Tree Hill and a short stroll to downtown Larkspur for world class dining. Just minutes to the Town Center Corte Madera for shopping and a weekly farmer’s market.
- Two minute drive or 8-minute walk (via Redwood Ave. and the Hill Path Stairs) to the Corte Madera Town Square with its cafes, wine bar, and services.
- 10-minute drive to Highway 101 and shopping at the Village Shopping Center.
- 14-minute drive to cross the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco.
- 11-minute drive to the ferry terminal at Larkspur Landing.
- 17-minute drive to the Richmond-San Rafael bridge to the East Bay.
Close to Town
- Enjoy the convenience of an 8-minute walk to the Corte Madera Town Square, with its restaurants and wine bar, via the Redwood Ave and the Hill Path Stair.
- 20-minute walk or 5-minute drive to the restaurants, cafes, and shops in downtown Larkspur—perfect on a warm evening.
Corte Madera and the adjacent Town of Larkspur share an award-winning school district, with two-elementary schools and one middle school.
- Neil Cummins Elementary which serves 141 Hill Path. About 600 students and test scores of 10/10 and overall score on GreatSchoolg.org of 8/10. Six-minutes drive or 20-minute walk.
- Cove Elementary School, serving primarily East Corte Madera, overall score on GreatSchoolg.org of 8/10. 8-min drive.
- Henry C. Hall Middle School, About 520 students and overall score on GreatSchoolg.org of 7/10. 7-minute drive, 27-minute walk.
Redwood High School, serves about 1,900 students. Overall score on GreatSchoolg.org of 8/10. 11-min drive. 8-minute drive, 30-minute walk.
Enjoying Nature on Christmas Tree Hill
Christmas Tree Hill provides access to the great expanse of hiking trails on Mt Tamalpais and its many ridges. Pathways go between streets allowing you to hike up and down the hill easily. Great for exercise but unique because it these paths and stairs were built before cars were popular; this is how people got to their vacation homes.
You can reach the trails from the roads and several pathways and stairs climbing the hills. These were created long ago to provide access from the train station that was once in the Town Square at the bottom of the hill. This map from the 1970’s shows the steps and paths on the hill.
A good introduction to the hill are in this article from the Marin Independent Journal, Christmas Tree Stair Walk. You will see the green canyons and the wonderful views near the top of Summit Drive. The roads and trails are sometimes steep, so take your time.
Learn More about Living on Christmas Tree Hill
Address: 472 Redwood Ave.
City: Corte Madera
Square Feet: 4,150
Garage: 4 car
Year Built: n/a