Meadowcreek Homes Corte Madera – a Hidden Gem
Unique LivingWilliam Turnbull & Assoc, the homes at Meadowcreek are known for innovate design and creative and efficient use of space. Turnbull was acclaimed for his homes and condos at Sea Ranch on the Northern California coast. There are no other condos or townhouses in Marin to compare.
Meadowcreek condos typically have two bedrooms and two baths on one level in about 1,200-1,300 sq. ft. They have either carports or detached two car garages, and private decks or backyards. Townhouses are about 1,400 to 1,900 sq. ft. in two stories, usually with attached two-car garages and private yards. Choice locations are on the east side, along the creek. Homes on the north side have exceptionally large level yards.
Properties for Sale in Meadowcreek Station
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Special Features of Meadowcreek
- 1.6-acre private central park
- Quiet, tidal Upper San Clemente Creek with wild birds and an occasional tortoise or river otter.
- A short walk to San Francisco Bay.
- A short climb to the Ring Mountain/Tiburon Ridge Open Space Preserve, where you can hike or run while enjoying spectacular views of San Francisco, Mount Tamalpais, the Bay, and the Tiburon-Belvedere peninsula.
- A five-minute walk to the Paradise Shopping Center.
- 10-minute drive to the Golden Gate Bridge. In the evening commute, the Corte Madera exit from Highway 101 is exceptionally fast and convenient.
- 35-minute drive to the downtown Sonoma Square, and a little further to Napa County.
- Minutes from Highway 101, the Larkspur Ferry Terminal, and any of the other towns in southern and central Marin.
Madeline Schaider is the Meadowcreek Expert
- Madeline Schaider Real Estate has sold 86 homes at Meadowcreek over 27 years. She knows every aspect of the condos and townhouses, their special features, the advantages of different locations and floor plans, and their history.
- Madeline know how to market Meadowcreek homes. She has consistently brought sellers the highest prices.
- When other brokers sell homes, or when their clients buy homes at Meadowcreek, Madeline is their resource for valuable information.
- Madeline and Alan are original homeowners at Meadowcreek. They bought a Phase 3 townhouse while it was still under construction in 1989.
- Alan was on the Meadowcreek Homeowner’s board of directors for 11 years. For his last four years, he served as the president of the board. He now serves in an advisory capacity.
Short History of Meadowcreek
Meadowcreek was originally undeveloped marshland between the base of Ring Mountain and the Bay. In the late 19th century, two rail lines passed through. There was a small San Clemente station near the corner of the present intersection of Paradise and Madera del Presidio Drives.
One railroad grade ran along what is now Madera del Presidio Drive, entering a tunnel through the mountain to Tiburon. The remains of this tunnel, now sealed, are now in the open space to the south of the Madera del Presidio homes.
Horse Racing at Meadowcreek
From about 1880 into the 1890s, the land that now comprises Meadowcreek Station was the site of a horse racing track for the San Clemente Ranch owned by S. D. Valentine. Horses and visitors arrived and departed from the San Clemente train station. Horses were housed and bred for racing at the nearby ranch site on the current Casa Buena Drive.
Photos generously provided by Jana Haehl and the Corte Madera Community Foundation. See more about Corte Madera history at Corte Madera Memories.
Do You Want to Live in Corte Madera?
I would love to find your next home to Corte Madera! If you are interested in living in this east or west Corte Madera, you can start by searching for properties. When you are ready to learn first-hand about Corte madera homes, contact us. We are happy to help and share our local knowledge of all that Meadowcreek Station has to offer.